Every specialist opportunity lists an area of expertise. If you have been assessed by the Marketplace and approved to provide that area of expertise you can apply for the opportunity immediately. Alternatively, you will need to request assessment.
Before you apply
Know your status
When you open an opportunity, the buttons at the bottom of the page will vary, depending on your status:
- If you see an ‘Apply now’ button, you have passed assessment and can apply.
- If you see a ‘Request assessment’ button you need to be assessed first, so click the button and follow the steps.
- If you see an ‘Update your profile’ button, you need to add the service (area of expertise) to your seller profile - click the button and follow the steps.
Ask a question
At the bottom of each opportunity page, you can ask the buyer a question about the opportunity. Select 'Sign in to ask a question' and submit your question. The buyer will be notified and will publish their answer on the page for all sellers to see. Note: each opportunity has a deadline for asking questions to give the buyer sufficient time to respond before the opportunity closes.
Buyers may also offer a question and answer session for potential sellers if they choose to. Sign in to view details on how you can join a question and answer session.
When you apply
When you apply for an opportunity, you have the choice to include up to 3 specialists.
Add a specialist
When applying for an opportunity for specialists, it’s important to know:
- Each specialist must be submitted separately before the closing time and date.
- You cannot withdraw or edit specialists after submitting them.
- The opportunity will show how many specialists you have submitted.
- If the opportunity closes as you add another specialist, only previously submitted specialists will be sent to the buyer.
- The buyer will only view your specialists after the opportunity has closed.
You must provide the following details for each specialist:
- the specialist’s full name
- their daily rate (including GST)
- their start date
- their resume in PDF or ODT format - no larger than 5MB - ensure that each attachment uploads successfully
- up to 150 words demonstrating how the specialist meets the required skills, ‘essential’ and ‘nice to have’, and the experience listed on the opportunity.
When the opportunity closes
The buyer will access all responses when the opportunity has closed and create a shortlist. The time needed to create a shortlist will vary, depending on the buyer’s resources and number of responses they receive. In early 2018, the average number of responses was 15 but this can vary significantly.
If you are shortlisted
The buyer will contact you if you are shortlisted to organise the evaluation tasks or activities listed on the opportunity. These can include an interview, references, work history, a test or presentation.
If you are not shortlisted
The buyer has been asked to inform all sellers who are unsuccessful. This may occur after shortlisting and once the opportunity has been awarded.