All opportunities on the Marketplace require sellers to be assessed and approved to offer services in each category they are responding to. Sellers cannot apply for an opportunity if they're not approved in the relevant category.
To be assessed for a specific category, you must:
- Sign up to become a seller on the Digital Marketplace.
- Select 'Request assessment' from the 'Categories' tab on your dashboard.
- Complete the steps to submit your request for assessment. You will be asked for:
Check our panel categories and rates as a guide.
Evidence of expertise in chosen criteria
Your evidence for the criteria should:
- explain the activities you were specifically responsible for, what you did, and why
- avoid ambiguity, for example 'We have extensive experience in...'
- describe the result or outcome of your activities
To be approved for a specific category, the Marketplace will assess if you offer value for money by reviewing your:
- submitted maximum daily rate
- technical and commercial capabilities demonstrated in your responses
The time we take to assess your criteria is dependent on volume, seasonal peaks, complex cases and incomplete submissions. We aim to assess your criteria in a reasonable time frame.
All sellers are required to provide a maximum day rate (including GST) as part of their assessment for each digital service they offer.
Sellers can use the Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA) level 5 for help working out maximum daily rates. You can also view the category rates sellers have bid for specialist roles.
To determine value for money, rates are evaluated along with the seller's technical and commercial capabilities. There are no strict limits on daily rates. However, if you select a rate above the threshold, you will need to be assessed on one more criteria.
Outcome of the assessment
If your request is approved, you will be able to respond to opportunities under the relevant category.
If your assessment is unsuccessful, you will receive an email with a link to feedback from the assessment team. You can also view the feedback from your dashboard by selecting 'View feedback' under the 'Categories' tab.
Once you've reviewed the feedback, you can make changes and request another assessment.