On this page:
- About this approach
- Before you start
- Create your request
- While your opportunity is open
- Once your opportunity has closed
- Create a work order
- Debriefing sellers
About this approach
Seek proposals and quotes allows buyers to invite sellers that have identified as a consultant or a recruiter/consultant to submit a proposal or quote against the published opportunity. It's for government buyers who have well defined business and technical requirements for digital outcomes.
Marketplace buyers are strongly encouraged to seek quotes from multiple sellers to ensure value for money.
Use this approach when:
- you are clear about your sourcing needs
- you have specific sellers in mind for submitting a request for quote (RFQ), request for tender (RFT), or request for proposal (RFP)
If you are seeking an EOI or RFI or would like responses from any seller on the Marketplace, you must ask the market.
Who can view and respond to opportunities?
All opportunities are published publicly on the Marketplace. Only invited sellers who are approved in the panel category and have identified as a consultant can submit responses. Please note:
- uploaded documents will only be visible to invited sellers and buyers. Be mindful of any internal or confidential information you include here.
- industry briefings will only be visible to invited sellers
What will you get back and when?
Buyers can ask sellers to submit:
- a written proposal with a breakdown of costs, a case study, references and/or résumés.
- a completed response template
- buyers can also request a presentation or demonstration of a live product or technical prototype.
You can request responses from invited sellers in as little as 2 days. Ensure you give sellers sufficient time to provide their response.
Before you start
Buyers can download the list of questions to prepare a request in consultation with internal stakeholders before publishing.
Documents must be no more than 50MB and in DOC, XLS, PPT or PDF format.
- You must provide a completed requirements document. You can populate your own or use the Marketplace template.
- You can upload additional supporting documents.
- If you need sellers to submit a completed response template, you can use your own or upload the Marketplace template
Create your request
To get started:
- Log in and go to your dashboard.
- Select 'Create new request' and then 'Outcome'.
- Under 'Seek proposals and quotes' select 'Get started'.
Follow the steps in the form to create your opportunity. Your progress is automatically saved as a draft until you publish.
Who can respond
Select a panel category that best meets your needs. You can only invite sellers in the category you have selected. Contact us if a seller is not approved in your chosen category.
Including a budget range helps sellers:
- gauge the size and scope of the work to be done
- decide if they should apply
- make more accurate suggestions as to what is achievable in the timeframe given
Specify if the budget range includes travel and accommodation.
Evaluation criteria and weightings
We recommend that you limit the number of evaluation criteria to only those that are needed to assess a seller.
You can include weightings to help sellers decide where to prioritise their focus and evaluate responses in a fair and transparent way.
Preview and publish
You can preview your opportunity before publishing. Once you publish, we will email the sellers you have invited to view and respond to your opportunity.
While your opportunity is open
Edit your opportunity
Before your opportunity closes, you can:
- add or remove documents
- edit the title and summary
- extend the closing date
- invite more sellers to respond
You can make edits through the live opportunity or from your dashboard.
To edit your opportunity from the dashboard:
- Select the opportunity title.
- From the overview, select 'Edit live opportunity'.
For edited opportunities, we recommend extending the closing date to allow sellers enough time if they need to update their response.
Withdraw your opportunity
To withdraw your opportunity before the closing date:
- Go to your dashboard and select the opportunity.
- Select 'Withdraw opportunity'.
- Enter your reason for withdrawal.
- Confirm your authority to withdraw the opportunity, then select 'Submit'.
The opportunity page will display your reason for withdrawal. Once you withdraw an opportunity, you will not be able to reopen it again.
Answer seller questions
You will be notified by email if a seller submits a question. Follow the link in the email or go to your dashboard and select the opportunity title to respond. Once published, questions and answers will be publicly visible on the opportunity.
Questions for team opportunities
From the ‘Team opportunities’ tab on your dashboard, you can answer questions for opportunities published by another user in your team.
Read more about working with internal teams in your organisation.
Once your opportunity has closed
Log in and select the closed opportunity on the dashboard. Click 'download responses' on the overview page. Download and extract all responses from the ZIP file.
Evaluation is currently performed outside of the Digital Marketplace. You will need to use your own template to do this.
The evaluation of seller responses must be consistent with the information, including evaluation criteria, provided in the opportunity. If you used weightings in your opportunity, you must use the same weightings to conduct the evaluation.
Create a work order
- Go to your dashboard and select your opportunity from the ‘Closed’ tab.
- On the overview page select ‘Download work order’.
Varying a work order
Buyers may choose to vary a work order (or contract) from time to time. This may include things like a change to the service type, delivery, timeframes, terms, price etc.
Australian Government NCE buyers must contact all unsuccessful sellers to let them know the outcome, with an option of a debrief if requested. This is a requirement of the Commonwealth Procurement Rules.
Conducting a debrief
If a seller requests a debrief it cannot currently be done through the Digital Marketplace.
Notifying all sellers of the outcome
Please email each seller individually to notify them of the outcome of the opportunity.
Contact us to request a demo or to seek sourcing advice.